Wilder Mahood McKinley & Oglesby is an established law firm that represents professionals, business owners and other clients throughout western Pennsylvania in complex matters of family law. Since 1978, we have provided valuable legal counsel and representation in these and other family legal matters:
- Divorce. We assist clients in addressing the issues and concerns they have regarding divorce, including the equitable distribution of marital assets including property, business interests, family businesses, medical and other professional practices, retirement accounts and pensions, marital residences, life and health insurance policies and more. We also assist in obtaining accurate valuations for any assets that are subject to distribution.
- Legal separation. There is no such thing as a legal separation in Pennsylvania. However, the date on which you make it known to your spouse that you want to separate can be an important factor. If you are considering divorce, or are involved in the early stages of a divorce, we can assist you in making the right preparations.
- Child custody. We assist parents to resolve custody and visitation concerns through negotiations or litigation. We also assist in advancing or obstructing child relocation requests, enforcement of child support agreements, and in securing custody, visitation and guardianship rights for grandparents and close relatives.
- Family support. We represent clients who need legal help related to family financial support, including child support, spousal support prior to a divorce, alimony, enforcement of family support awards, and modifications of orders pertaining to family support.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Our attorneys draft marital agreements on behalf of clients who are planning to marry, or are already married. These agreements typically concern how certain assets will be treated during the marriage and if it ends; however, they can also be used to define duties and responsibilities within the marriage.
- Tax issues. If you are a professional or possess significant assets or business interests, a wise tax strategy can save you significant sums of money. If you are divorcing, tax strategy remains important, for the future of you, your children and former spouse. Our attorneys are highly experienced with tax matters and can advise you in pursuing a financially prudent course.
- Fees. Counsel fees may be awarded during divorce, custody or support litigation where authorized by statute or rule. Our firm has particular expertise in securing counsel fees in matters where a party has instigated litigation or taken action in bad faith. This can save our clients money by deferring the cost of our representation to the other party.
- Adoption. We have years of experience in assisting prospective parents in adopting children in Pennsylvania, including adoptions by grandparents, relatives and same-sex couples.
- Domestic Partnerships. We represent the interests of families in matters ranging from divorce, to child custody, to family support, to adoption. However, we also recognize that what our clients consider to be “family” may differ from what the law characterizes.
- Same Sex Marriage. There has been perhaps no more profound change in family law over the past several decades than the recognition, once unthinkable, now inviolable, that same-sex partners have a constitutional right to marry. Our attorneys have always understood that the issues of concern to married persons going through a divorce are universal.
- Mediation and Collaboration. Mediation allows you and your spouse to work as a team with a single attorney to come up with a joint solution to divorce, support, property division, and custody issues outside of court, without a judge being the final arbiter. In response to a growing demand, we provide mediation services in appropriate cases. Additionally, Attorney Darren Oglesby is a member of the Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (“CLASP”). In the collaborative setting, you and your spouse are part of a team, including a financial expert, and other professionals; together the team members craft a resolution to your domestic relations dilemmas. Either way, our firm provides a personal and caring environment that may be a more harmonious resolution to your domestic relations issues.
Let Us Resolve Your Family Legal Matter | Allegheny County Child Support Lawyers
For more information about how the family law attorneys at Wilder Mahood McKinley & Oglesby, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, can assist you with your family legal concerns, contact us online or by calling 412-261-4040.