Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Email: E-mail Me
James E. Mahood, a 1974 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, is President of Wilder Mahood McKinley & Oglesby.
Mr. Mahood has written and lectured for numerous continuing legal education programs sponsored by the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Dickinson School of Law. He has published articles in the Pennsylvania Family Lawyer and The Family Advocate. He is a Past Chair of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section and former Chair of its Task Force on Adoption. He is a Member of the Advisory Committee to the Joint State Government Commission on Adoption and has also served as a Member of the Sub-Committee on Gender Bias and Family Law Workgroup to Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Committee on Racial and Gender Bias in the Judicial System.
Mr. Mahood has served as a Governor of the Allegheny County Bar Association and is a past member and Vice Chair of its Public Service Committee. He is a member of the Civil Procedural Rules Committee and Special Fee Determination Committee of the ACBA. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Code of Evidence Committee and is a past member of the Joint Family Law Council of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Mahood is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and is certified in both Matrimonial Arbitration and Mediation by the AAML. Mr. Mahood is a former President of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the AAML. Mr. Mahood has served as the Chair of the AAML Amicus Committees at both the state and national levels. He has served as a Master Emeritus of the Pittsburgh Matrimonial American Inn of Court. Mr. Mahood is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. Mr. Mahood has been recognized by his peers as AV- Pre-eminent© by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Mahood has served as a member of the Board of Directors of Neighborhood Legal Services Association and is a Past President of NLSA. He has also served as long-time Co-Chair of the Campaign Committee of the Equal Justice Campaign benefiting NLSA and its operations in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Lawrence Counties.
Mr. Mahood has been recognized by award of the Marjorie H. Matson Civil Libertarian Award and the first Career Pro-Bono Achievement Award of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1974
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Family Lawyer
- The Family Advocate
- Pennsylvania Family Law Practice & Procedure Handbook
- Legal Education Programs, Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations
- Legal Education Programs, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Dickinson School of Law
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- AV-Pre-eminent©, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Joint State Government Commission, Member
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Governor
- Allegheny County Bar Association Public Service Committee, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Joint Family Law Council of Pennsylvania, Member
- Directors of Neighborhood Legal Services Association , Member
- NLSA, Co-Chair, Past President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section, Chair
- Pennsylvania Chapter of AAML, Past President